You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Streets



I've been listening to the first 2 Streets albums a lot lately. They are just so brilliant and involving, it's almost like listening to a book on tape with beats. And since I've been driving like 30 hours in the last week, listening to The Streets actually kept me alert and awake because I was so involved in the music and Mike Skinner's stories. Needless to say I'm EXTREMELY excited for The Streets new album, "Everything Is Borrowed" which comes out on 9/15. You can hear a couple tracks off the new album here.
However, I just realized that, although I've loved The Streets for years and have gotten all his albums, ep's, ect... I have hardly seen any of his music videos. I think I've seen the "Fit But You Know It" video... once. I don't know why I haven't ever checked them out on youtube before, I guess I just spaced it.
So this could be a good primer of The Streets, and hopefully get you as excited about "Everything Is Borrowed" as I am.
Here's some videos from "Original Pirate Material".

Don't Mug Yourself


Has It Come To This?


The Irony Of It All


Let's Push Things Forward


Weak Become Heroes



Here's some videos from "A Grand Don't Come For Free"

Could Well Be In


Blinded By The Lights


Fit But You Know It


Dry Your Eyes



Here's some videos from "The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living"

Pranging Out


When You Wasn't Famous


Never Went To Church



And here's "The Escapist", off the new "Everything Is Borrowed"

No comments:

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood