You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My best of the 2000's list

As an avid connoisseur of pop culture, I couldn't let the opportunity go by to give you my "Best of the 2000's" list in music, movies and TV. I'll give my top two choices for each category. I might follow this list up with a more detailed list of my favorite things of the decade. Maybe.
If I lie, I die.




MUSIC:


Best Album: 1) Radiohead "Kid A" 2) D'Angelo "Voodoo"

Best Hip-Hop Album: 1) Jay-Z "The Blueprint" 2) Outkast "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below"

Best Electronic Album: 1) Daft Punk "Discovery" 2) The Avalanches "Since I Left You"

Best Debut Album: 1) Arcade Fire "Funeral" 2) The Strokes "Is This It"

Artist of the Decade: 1) Kanye West 2) M.I.A.

Band of the Decade: 1) Radiohead 2) Arcade Fire

Song of the Decade: 1) M.I.A. "Paper Planes" 2) Annie "Heartbeat"

Best Mixtape: 1) M.I.A. and Diplo "Piracy Funds Terrorism Vol.1" 2) Lil Wayne and DJ Drama "Dedication 2"

Most Disappointing Album: 1) The Strokes "First Impressions of Earth" 2) Lauryn Hill "MTV Unplugged"

Best Reunion: 1) The Pixies 2) My Bloody Valentine





MOVIES:


Best Film: 1) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 2) Brokeback Mountain

Best Comedy: 1) The 40 Year-Old Virgin 2) Superbad

Best Animated Film: 1) Wall-E 2) Finding Nemo

Best Foreign Film: 1) City Of God 2) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Best Documentary: 1) Bowling For Columbine 2) The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Best Action/Adventure Film: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Best Performance: 1) Heath Ledger "Brokeback Mountain" 2) Daniel Day-Lewis "There Will Be Blood"

Most Disappointing Movie: 1) Margot at the Wedding 2) Marie Antoinette





TELEVISION:


Best TV show: 1) The Wire 2) Mad Men

Best Comedy Show: 1) Curb Your Enthusiasm 2) 30 Rock

No comments:

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood