You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I can't wait to see these movies

Paper Hearts

This movie looks really great. It's a faux-documentary about the very talented Charlyne Yi's Borat-style search for love, starring her real-life boyfriend Michael Cera. It's very meta and a maybe a little too indie-twee-Juno, but it got raves at Sundance and it's supposed to be great. I'm down with my man Michael Cera, ya dig?


-

500 Days of Summer

Ok, I saw this trailer a couple of weeks ago and it absolutely killed me. The Smiths!?!?! My favorite song OF ALL TIME, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"?!?!?!? You had me at The Smiths' "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out", 500 Days of Summer. I mean, seriously... does Hollywood read this blog? And do they really want me to go to this movie? Because by mentioning my favorite band and my favorite song, in the first 5 seconds of this trailer, they hooked me like the hungry, helpless fish that I am. Well done, Hollywood. The movie looks a little like a watered-down Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, mixed with a dash of the blah Garden State. But I love Zooey Deschanel, and Joseph Gordon Levitt too. Here's hoping it's not too chessy.


-

Tyson

Oh man, this documentary looks so incredible. And I've heard it's just a great, great movie. Mike Tyson. In his own words. Pulling no punches (zing). This guy is probably one of the most fascinating people of the last 25 years. I hope this doc comes to Portland soon!


-

Away We Go

I've seen this trailer a few times and I've been pretty underwhelmed after each viewing. It just looks kinda bland and like it's trying to hard to be the next Garden State or something (I really hate Garden State). But the reason that I have to see this film is because of it's pedigree. Dave Eggers wrote it, and freakin' SAM MENDES directed it. I couldn't believe Sam Mendes directed this movie, I thought it was a misprint on the screen. It just looks so unlike any of his other films (American Beauty, Road To Perdition, Jarhead, Revolutionary Road). I guess he listened to 50 and switched his style up. And you know what? If they hate, then let them hate, and watch your money pile up. So I'm cautiously optimistic for this movie, although the trailer is a little underwhelming


-

Where The Wild Things Are

And I just had to throw this in and post this amazing trailer again. Seriously... greatest trailer of all time? No doubt. And if you haven't seen it yet, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? WELCOME TO THE INTERNET! IT'S A MAGIC SCREEN, LIKE IN SLEEPING BEAUTY. USE YOUR MAGIC POINTER (mouse) AND CLICK ON THE "PLAY" BUTTON ON THE MAGIC BOX BELOW. I physically cannot wait to see this film. I might actually poop my pants in excitement every day until it comes out. And then wear a Depends adult diaper in the theater on opening night, just in case I lose control and poop myself out of sheer enjoyment.
REAL TALK.

1 comment:

Jack Rumsey said...

dude i think joseph gordon leavitt is way underrated, those movies look tight, im glad you showed them man.

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood