You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekly Faves

Ok I haven't done the Weekly Faves for over a month now, but that's because NOTHING HAS COME OUT! Seriously, I've been checking every week and there hasn't hardly been anything that I've been excited about. The only interesting new releases have been movies, being Oscar season and all. I've been going to a ton of movies lately, I'll write about them later. So anyways, here's some (relatively) new releases that I've been waiting for. Check 'em out.


-
WALL-E (DVD)



Ok everybody should know that I've been waiting for this DVD with bated breath. I really love this movie... I consider it the best film of this young millenium (although Revolutionary Road looks promising). I urge everybody to get this DVD and let it overwhelm your senses. I really couldn't be friends with anybody who doesn't like Wall-E. Seriously. This is my new barometer for potential friends. And if they somehow didn't like it because they thought it was too political or preachy... I'd probably fight them. With my fists.
And it's so amazing that it's coming in a Special Edition THREE disc package! 3 discs of Wall-E! I think I'm going to pass out.


-
Project Runway Season 4 (DVD)



Ok this DVD set was released two weeks ago but it's STILL not availiable on Netflix so I haven't seen it yet. But I'm really excited for it, I loved the first 3 season that I watched recently (give me a break, I don't have cable).


-
30 Rock Season 2 (DVD)



I'm pretty late to this show too (I'm a skeptic) but I've been watching the DVD's and I'm totally in love with it now. I got Season 2 coming in tomorrow on Netflix and I can't wait to dive back into this amazing world.


-
The Smiths - The Sound of the Smiths (CD)



Ok this is totally a money-grab (they already have like 4 greatest hits packages) but The Smiths are my all-time favorite band and the special 2-disc version of this has a lot of B-sides and rarities that have been previously unavailable. And I own every other Smiths album (including some bootlegs), so I might as well get this one too. And for those Smiths virgins out there...1) What's wrong with you? and 2) This would be a good introduction to the greatest band ever.


-
Deerhunter - Microcastle (CD)



Microcastle came out a couple months ago on iTunes, but the newly release CD version contains a bonus disc called Weird Era Cont. that is really amazing too. I'm going to see Deerhunter again this Saturday, I can't wait. Highly recommended.


-
Love Is All - A Hundred Things Keep Me Up At Night (CD)



This is the new album from one of Sweden's most exciting bands. It's a lot more polished and tuneful than their debut, but it's still great.


-
Belle and Sebastian - The BBC Sessions



I'm a Belle and Sebastian addict. I've collected all of their albums and singles and EP's and I've been waiting for this BBC Sessions for a long time. Make sure to get the deluxe addition, which has a full BBC Live session on the bonus disc.

1 comment:

Alexis Treese said...

Belle and Sebastian... what kind of music is that?

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood