You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Los Campesinos!



Los Campesinos! are one of my new favorite bands, I've been listening to their debut album "Hold On Now, Youngster..." a lot. They're just a really fun bratty rock band from the U.K. with really great lyrics. Seriously, I haven't been this entertained and tickled by rock lyrics since the first time I heard The Smiths' albums. They sing about being young and sassy and hating on Jane Eyre while wearing a K Records shirt at the All Tomorrows Parties festival. Some of my favorite quips are:

"
GUY: And there were conversations about what Breakfast Club character you’d be
I’d be the one that dies
GIRL: (no one dies)
GUY: Well then what’s the point?
"

" And I spent the last seven years perched on the edge of my bed
Scratching 'I am incredibly sincere' into my forearm"

This is my favorite song on the album, "My Year In Lists".



And in this video they get killed by a magnificent unicorn! "Death to Los Campesinos!"



Listen to their record on their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/loscampesinos

No comments:

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood