You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart




THIS IS MY FAVORITE NEW BAND!

I've been listening nonstop to the debut, self-titled The Pains of Being Pure At Heart album. It's so beautiful and brilliant, it's the perfect record for spring. They're definitely my favorite new band (along with School of Seven Bells).

They sound like early My Bloody Valentine, Cocteau Twins, Vaselines, and some Jesus & Mary Chain. They're a shoegaze-pop band on Slumberland Records (one of my favorite labels), and their sonic distortions and girl-harmonies are everything I could ever ask from a band.

This is a video for their single, "Everything With You". I love this super-8 video, it reminds me of those old Belle & Sebastian videos from the mid-90's.

Check out their album, it's fantastic! And read their Pitchfork "Guest List" here.

No comments:

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood