You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Top 20 Movies of 2008




Here is my list of the best movies of 2008. Seeing as I'm not a member of the film community, I can't go to private screenings and I lived most of the year in Las Vegas (a cultural wasteland), I've made my list for the films that were theatrically released in Las Vegas (and Portland) in 2008. That's why some mainstays from last year (like There Will Be Blood, Persepolis, and The Savages) are here while some supposedly great films from this year (The Wrestler, Revolutionary Road, Frost/Nixon) aren't... I haven't had a chance to see them yet because I don't live in New York or L.A. They'll all be on next years' list, though.
Read 'em and weep.

1) Wall-E
2) Slumdog Millionaire
3) There Will Be Blood
4) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5) Milk
6) Persepolis
7) The Savages
8) Rachel Getting Married
9) The Dark Knight
10) Pineapple Express
11) Man on Wire
12) Synecdoche New York
13) Be Kind Rewind
14) Vicky Cristina Barcelona
15) American Teen
16) Burn After Reading
17) Speed Racer
18) About A Son
19) Ghost Town
20) Tell No One

No comments:

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood