You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Sunday, November 23, 2008

"808's and Heartbreak" comes out Monday 11/24!




I'm so excited for that 808's and Heartbreak! I'm a huge Kanye West fan, I just love all of his albums and think he's one of the classic artists of our time. This album is his first real departure from his tried-and true formula of catchy, congratulatory hip-hop and sped-up samples. This new album is slower and darker, with a depressed 'Ye (reeling from the death of his mom and the death of a relationship) singing in autotune over similar-sounding 808 beats he describes as "Heartbreak".

I'm not a big fan of autotune (actually I really hate it). I don't really like it when rappers start singing (actually I really hate that as well). But I'm way down with 808's and Heartbreak. I just don't question Kanye anymore... I am his willing disciple, and I will ride with him wherever he takes me. Now, if this album sucks, and he starts getting too foolish, I won't ride with him anymore. But as of now, he hasn't let me down yet. In fact, he's released three of the most contagiously listenable albums of this millenium, perhaps the best hip-hop albums since The Blueprint. So I'll support him on this crazy journey through autotune and Phil Collins-ry.

He's had a lot happen to him lately, and he needs to get this off his chest in the way he wants to. He's given us three classics already, the least we can do is ride with him on this one.

Look for it in stores tomorrow (Monday the 24th). Usually CD's come out on Tuesday, but 'Ye just rolls different like that.



1 comment:

Alexis Treese said...

My homie Kanye sent me 808's and heartbreaks early. actually that russian website released it early and I really freaking love it. track 3 is my FAVORITE.

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood