You are what you like.

snitches get stitches

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Japanese Office



I don't really watch SNL ever so I guess I missed this, but it was really great! Here is the "original" version of The Office... in Japan!
I really love The Office, I just think it's the most refreshing, different and unique show on network T.V. since Seinfeld. The original U.K. Office is probably my favorite television show ever. It's short (only 12 episodes and a Christmas special), painfully awkward, and surprisingly excellent in every way. Plus the boss in the show (Ricky Gervais' David Brent) is the second-greatest television character ever created (after Larry David). Needless to say, it took me a long time to actually consider watching the American version of my favorite show. I was incensed that they needed to "dumb it down" for American television and was convinced it would be an embarrassment.
Well, I was wrong, and I've really come around to the American show. I own all the DVD's and it's the only show on T.V. that I watch devoutly every week. After a REALLY slow start (the first season is practically an awful high school production of the U.K. show) it has developed into a classic show, rivaling the original's greatness at times. And Steve Carrel is amazing.
Well anyways, this video was really funny.

No comments:

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

Dat Dood

Dat Dood